Prior to this course students must attend and qualify from the one week Techniques of Instruction course.
Instructors with a background in driver training and air brake operation are eligible to take this one week course combining the Air Brake Endorsement (MTO) and Air Brake Adjustment (MAESD) courses. Hands-on instruction and practice teaching sessions provide students with a thorough understanding of how to both operate and explain an air brake system.
Air brake endorsement & adjustment instructor training programs involve practical demonstration, instruction & testing on an air brake board and vehicle; i.e. the week is focused upon the workings of the Air Brake system.
Upon successful completion, graduates will be able to:
- Explain and demonstrate the functions of the air brake system
- To instruct and demonstrate brake adjustment.
Classroom: formal instruction, workshops and hands-on training with an air brake board and home preparation each evening.Field: hands-on demonstration with a vehicle (full safety attire required).
Instructor Certificate: Successful candidates receive instructor certificates to accompany an application to the Ministry Transportation of Ontario – Driver Certification Program for signing authority as an air brake instructor for a carrier holding recognized authority. Graduates may also apply to Ontario Safety League for signing authority privileges in OSL’s Air Brake Adjustment program. (Our Registrar will pass you along to the appropriate member of staff)
- Techniques of Instruction (1 week course) Check dates for ToI as it starts one week prior to ABI
- Solid knowledge of fleet operations & experience in driver training
- Valid commercial class licence & ‘Z’ endorsement held for 3 years or more
- Driver abstract, ZERO demerit points
5 days: Classroom – 8.30am to 4:00pm daily – homework is assigned.
2017: Jan 16–20; Apr 3-7; July 10-14; Oct 2-6