Fleet Driver Trainer (In-Vehicle)
This comprehensive course has been designed for the professional in-vehicle trainer. Our FDT In-Vehicle Supervising Instructors have been chosen for their extensive experience in teaching drivers choosing to upgrade to a commercial class licence. In-depth discussions and workshops in the classroom environment result in shared experiences and innovative ideas. Combined with practical demonstrations and application of new techniques in the vehicle environment the OSL driver trainer candidate will gain confidence and competence in the training task.
Course Content and learning outcomes;
- Assessment of candidates’ in-vehicle driving skills;
- Commentary driving techniques and communication skills;
- Space management and defensive driving techniques;
- Understanding and applying rules, design and signage of the road;
- Techniques of assessing student performance.
- Drive in a safe and professional manner;
- Understand and apply rules of the road;
- Communicate the training program to others;
- Evaluate and measure student performance.
Classroom: hands-on training;
In-Vehicle: 1 day; driving demonstration, communication and evaluation techniques.
Highway Traffic Act (Ontario), MTO Signage, sundry driver improvement programs.
Full attendance, class participation, assignments, tests ~ for successful completion performance “On Road Driving Instructor”.
Certificate of participation.
Valid commercial licence;
Driver’s abstract – good driving record.
Past experience teaching drivers an asset;
Duration 5 days: Classroom – 8.30 am to 4:00 daily – homework may be assigned.
Course Dates 2017; February 13-17, other dates TBC