Fleet Driver Trainer (In-Vehicle)
This comprehensive course has been designed for the professional in-vehicle trainer.
Our FDT In-Vehicle Supervising Instructors have been chosen for their extensive experience in teaching drivers
choosing to upgrade to a commercial class licence. In-depth discussions and workshops in the classroom environment result in shared experiences and innovative ideas.
Please note that this class is NOT conducted in a vehicle on the road.
The ‘practical’ portion is limited to the Pre-Trip activity either in our car park or at an offsite location.
Course Content and learning outcomes;
- Techniques to assess a candidates in-vehicle driving skills;
- Commentary driving techniques and communication skills;
- Space management and defensive driving techniques;
- Understanding and applying rules, design and signage of the road;
- Techniques of assessing student performance.
- Drive in a safe and professional manner;
- Understand and apply rules of the road;
- Communicate the training program to others;
- Evaluate and measure student performance.
Classroom: hands-on training; communication and evaluation techniques.
Practical: Pre-Trip Inspection/Circle Check,
Highway Traffic Act (Ontario), MTO Signage, sundry driver improvement programs.
Full attendance, class participation, assignments, tests ~ for successful completion performance On Road Driving Instructor.
Certificate of participation.
Valid commercial licence;
Driver’s abstract good driving record.
Past experience teaching drivers an asset;
Duration 4 or 5 days (depends upon class size):
Classroom 8.30 am to 4:00 daily homework will be assigned.
Course Dates 2019; February 11-15, other dates TBC
Fee $1 ,950+HST