CVOR Compliance (combined class)
This course is designed to give owners, operators and / or persons, involved in fleet safety and compliance, an understanding of the details of a Commercial Vehicle Operator Registration and the conditions required to maintain a CVOR in good standing. This course will take an in-depth look at the monitoring process, the safety rating process, audit procedures used by the Ministry and how the CVOR information can be used as a tool to identify and correct possible operational problems.
In addition, this course will assist participants on how to substantiate due diligence in all areas of their operations such as maintaining driver and maintenance records.
Please check our course schedule for the individual subject components and days; i.e. CVOR & Company Profile; Driver Profile and Due Diligence; Maintaining Carrier Safety Rating; Maintenance Profile.
Upon successful completion, participants will be able to:
- gain an understanding as to the regulations that address the CVOR requirements
- understand the purpose of the CVOR and how Ontario’s carrier monitoring system works
- identify privileges and responsibilities set out through the CVOR
- analysis a CVOR and derive essential carrier compliance information
- recognize the effect that a carrier’s level of safety and compliance has on its operating record, safety rating and ultimately its operating privileges
- understand the purpose and structure of an appropriate driver and maintenance profile
- recognize critical operating and regulatory compliance issues related to driver and maintenance profiles
- identify specific forms, documents and information required for driver and maintenance profiles
- recognize the importance of developing and implementing policies and procedures to establish due diligence and assist carrier’s in upholding standards that will contribute to an acceptable safety rating
- identify some key strategies for maintaining a satisfactory operating record
Who Should Attend? Operators, trainers, safety and compliance personnel, dispatchers, insurance personnel and any other industry personnel whoseÂ position may impact a carrier’s CVOR
Evaluation: Full attendance required, class participation, assignments, and presentations
Certification: Certificate of participation
Format: Classroom Interactive and formal instruction
Duration: 3 days
Course Dates: 2019: Mar 19-21, Jun 18-20, Sept 17-19, Dec 3-5
Fee: $1,350 +HST