Load Securment & Towing Trailer
“Ignorance of the Law” is no excuse for failure to comply with regulations and standards; anyone who owns leases and/or operates a commercial motor vehicle is responsible to ensure that all regulatory compliance requirements regarding the operation of the vehicle are met. The purpose of this course is to provide owners and operators of light commercial motor vehicles and trailers with an explanation of the requirements they may have to meet in order to comply with the Highway Traffic Act (HTA) and Ontario Regulations and the circumstances under which these requirements apply.
Explanations for and references regarding compliance in the context of regulations relating to the following topics will be covered:
- Driver Licence
- Commercial Vehicle Operator Record (CVOR)
- Operator Obligations
- Facility Audits
- Carrier Safety Rating
- Periodic Mandatory Commercial Vehicle Inspection (PMCVI) Program
- Good Trailer Maintenance
Upon successful completion, participants will be able to:
- understand the purpose, structure & application of standards & regulations as applied to the operation of “Light Commercial Motor Vehicles” and “Trailers”;
- understand owner obligations in applicable standards & regulations;
- know an overview of basic processes which to promote regulatory compliance;
- understand and explain issue-specific terminology; and
- know how to reference applicable regulations and standards.
Format: Classroom: workshop style instruction with interactive discussion & practical exercises.
Resources: Supplied: Course Manual.
Evaluation: Full attendance with open-book written test, participation and full attendance.
Certification: Certificate of Completion
Duration: 1 day.Course Dates: 2017: Please contact our Registrar for course dates. For larger groups this training may be conducted at your location, using your equipment.