Ontario Safety League Air Brake Z-Endorsement Course Guidelines
The Ontario Safety League 12 Hour Air Brake courses are held in most parts of Ontario every weekend. Mid-week courses can be made available from several of our Signing Authorities.
In order to qualify to attend one of our courses, the student must possess a valid G-class or higher Ontario Driver’s License
Included in the course fees:
- OSL Air Brake Endorsement Manual
- Minimum 12 hours of in-class instruction
- Two attempts of Written Test
- Two attempts of Practical Test
- Receipt of Air Brake Endorsement Certificate once both Written and Practical Test results are successful
There are no extra charges to all of the above. Each Signing Authority will conduct all testing in accordance with the Ontario Safety League and Ministry of Transport standards. For your convenience, several of the OSL Signing Authorities also hold Air Brake Adjustment courses.
While there are many OSL rules and regulations each Instructor must follow in order to remain accredited, shown below are just a few of these rules:
- Must attend yearly Revalidation/Networking meetings to keep them up-to-date with all MTO regulations as well as hold valid licenses and qualifications as required by the Ministry of Transport for in-truck training and classroom instruction.
- Be available for spot inspections by the accredited auditors from both OSL and the Ministry of Transport.
- Training vehicles at the Signing Authority’s site must be inspected annually and fully insured as required by law.
- Must show OSL Logo in the classroom and identify themselves as Ontario Safety League Signing Authorities.
* Please note that G1 or G2 class licenses are not eligible nor are out-of-province driver’s licenses.
Some useful links for your convenience:
Ontario Safety League APPROVED Signing Authorities
|Kingston/ Smith Falls/ Ottawa||Alexander||Rankin||613-876-4750|