- This course has passed.
Air Brake Instructor – Z Endorsement – 22 – 01 – 17
January 17 - January 21
- June 13 - June 17
- July 11 - July 15
- August 15 - August 19
- September 19 - September 23
- October 3 - October 7
- November 14 - November 18
- December 12 - December 16
Prior to this course students must attend and qualify from the one week Techniques of Instruction course.
Note! Under Covid-19 rules, we have reduced our class size capacity.
Please register early to avoid disappointment. A waiting list on first come basis will operate.
Instructors with a background in driver training and air brake operation are eligible to take this one week MTO Approved course (Air Brake ‘Z’ Endorsement). Hands-on instruction and practice teaching sessions provide students with a thorough understanding of how to both operate and explain an air brake system.
Air brake Z Endorsement instructor training programs involve practical demonstration, instruction & testing on an air brake board and vehicle; i.e. the week is focused upon the workings of the Air Brake system.
Upon successful completion, graduates will be able to:
- Explain and demonstrate the functions of the air brake system
- To instruct and demonstrate brake adjustment.
Classroom: formal instruction, workshops and hands-on training with an air brake board and home preparation each evening.
Field: hands-on demonstration with a vehicle (full safety attire required).
Instructor Certificate: Successful candidates receive an instructor certificate to accompany an application to the Ministry Transportation of Ontario Driver Certification Program for Signing Authority as an air brake instructor for a carrier holding recognized authority. (Our Registrar will pass you along to the appropriate member of staff)
- Techniques of Instruction (1 week course) Check dates for ToI as it usually starts one week prior to ABI
- Solid knowledge of fleet operations & experience in driver training
- Valid commercial class license & endorsement held for 3 years or more
- Driver abstract, ZERO demerit points
Duration: 5 days
In-classroom 8.30 am to 4 pm. Daily homework is assigned.