Fleet Driver Trainer In-Vehicle – 23 – 06 – 26
June 26 - June 30
This comprehensive course has been designed for the professional in-vehicle trainer.
Our FDT In-Vehicle Supervising Instructors have been chosen for their extensive experience in teaching drivers choosing to upgrade to a commercial class licence. In-depth discussions and workshops in the classroom environment result in shared experiences and innovative ideas.
Please note that this class is NOT conducted in a vehicle on the road.
The ‘practical’ portion is limited to the Pre-Trip activity either in our car park or at an offsite location.
Course Content and learning outcomes;
- Techniques to assess a candidates in-vehicle driving skills;
- Commentary driving techniques and communication skills;
- Space management and defensive driving techniques;
- Understanding and applying rules, design and signage of the road;
- Techniques of assessing student performance.
- Drive in a safe and professional manner;
- Understand and apply rules of the road;
- Communicate the training program to others;
- Evaluate and measure student performance.
Classroom: hands-on training; communication and evaluation techniques.
Practical: Pre-Trip Inspection/Circle Check,
Highway Traffic Act (Ontario), MTO Signage, sundry driver improvement programs.
Full attendance, class participation, assignments, tests ~ for successful completion performance On Road Driving Instructor.
Certificate of participation.
- Valid commercial license;
- Driver’s abstract good driving record.
- Past experience teaching drivers an asset;