Intro to Electronic Presentations- 24-02-29
February 29 @ 9:00 am - March 1 @ 3:00 pm
Intro to Electronic Presentations
Are you tired of delivering lackluster presentations that fail to engage your audience? In today’s digital age, electronic presentations are a vital skill for effective communication in both professional and personal settings. This beginner-friendly course is designed to empower you with the essential knowledge and skills needed to create captivating electronic presentations that leave a lasting impact.
Learning Outcomes & Course Highlights
- Introduction to Electronic Presentations: Understand the fundamentals of electronic presentations, their purpose, and their importance in modern communication.
- Choosing the Right Tool: Explore popular presentation software options like Microsoft PowerPoint, Google Slides, and more. Learn how to select the best tool for your needs.
- Design Principles: Discover the art of designing visually appealing slides with effective layouts, fonts, colors, and images that enhance your message.
- Content Creation: Introduction into the art of crafting compelling content, including text, graphics, charts, and multimedia elements.
- Effective Storytelling: Learn how to structure your presentation for maximum impact and engagement and develop the skills to deliver your message persuasively.
- Engagement Techniques: Introduction into beginner techniques to keep your audience engaged, such as animations, transitions, and interactive features.
- Presenter Skills: Gain confidence and develop public speaking skills for delivering your electronic presentations with poise and charisma.
- Troubleshooting and Tips: Overcome common presentation challenges and receive valuable tips for a smooth and error-free experience.
Who Should Attend
Any individual who will need to present as a part of their current or future employment. Any individual seeking to get a better understanding of how presentations are created. Any individual who wants to be more confident in their presenting and course creation skills. Can be applied to many career paths.
Students planning to attend this course must have the following:
- A functioning, reasonably current laptop.
- Most recent and up to date version of Microsoft PowerPoint downloaded and installed onto the laptop.
2-day interactive classroom instruction with homework
*Note: Although the course is not focused on the delivery aspect of presentations, students will be required to present their final presentation at the end of the last day.
Location & Timing
Location: Ontario Safety League in Mississauga (212-2595 Skymark Ave.) or can be at on-site at customer locations when required
Ontario Safety League – Basic Electronic Presentations certificate – Hard copy