- This course has passed.
School Bus Driver Improvement Course (SBDIC) – 23 – 08 – 08
This course is a Ministry Approved School Bus Driver Improvement Course that meets the requirements of applicants for a B or E class driver’s license. In this one day course, participants will discover the legislative regulations and requirements, characteristics of a defensive bus driver, steps and techniques in the development of defensive school bus drivers.
Who Should Attend?
Any person requiring the completion of a defensive driving course to obtain their B or E class license.
Upon successful completion, graduates will be able to:
- Understand HTA and O’Reg. specific to school buses;
- Understand Operator and driver responsibilities under the legislation;
- Understand how to perform proper vehicle inspections as required under the legislation;
- Understand the Hours of Service regulations;
- Understand the characteristics that make a good defensive driver;
- Understanding factors that would influence your ability to be a good defensive driver;
- Understanding vehicle dynamics;
- Understanding vehicle braking systems;
- Understanding the adjustments required for natural changes in nature;
- Understanding the adjustments required in the changes of weather;
- Understanding the adjustments required for traffic and road conditions;
- Understanding the need to be aware of blind spots and danger zones that are common to school buses;
- Understanding the ABC’s of a defensive driver;
- Understanding the proper procedures to follow regarding passengers;
- Understanding the safety equipment requirements;
- Understanding proper emergency procedures;
Interactive classroom instruction
Upon successful completion of the course, participants will receive an approved MTO registered certificate.
Ontario Safety League (212-2595 Skymark Ave.) or can be at on-site at customer locations when required