Trip Inspection Instructor ( 2 Days ) 18 – 08 – 2022 & 19 – 08 – 2022
August 18 @ 9:00 am - August 19 @ 3:30 pm
Early detection and prompt correction of mechanical deficiencies can enable carriers to operate more efficiently and profitably. This can be achieved through the maintenance of a good CVOR rating as well as the reduction of major repair costs, downtime and fines. This interactive workshop addresses the requirement for and content of a proper pre-trip inspection (circle check), in the context of regulatory compliance and safety.
- National Safety Code Standard 13 and its application in Ontario
- Excerpts from the Highway Traffic Act
- Excerpts from Ontario Regulations pertaining to equipment
- Inspection Standards
- CVSA Out-of-Service Criteria
- Enforcement Upon successful completion, participants will be able to:
- Understand the purpose of trip inspections;
- Identify the critical operating and regulatory compliance issues as delineated in the National Safety Code’s Standard 13;
- Identify and apply trip inspection procedures in accordance with applicable standards and regulations.
Classroom: Formal presentations & exercises and discussion.
Supplied: Participant’s manual.
Full attendance, participation of knowledge and practical.
Certificate of Completion.
For private owners and users of light vehicles and trailers, an understanding of commercial vehicle components is helpful.
Who should attend
Drivers, Shipping/Loading personnel and Safety/ Training management