The ability to communicate effectively is a basic yet vital skill for instructors, facilitators, trainers and supervisory personnel. This five-day developmental workshop assists participants in building the skills and confidence necessary to deliver presentations, instruct, and communicate clearly on an everyday basis.
Issues such as the structure of effective communication and the roles of an instructor or communicator are discussed and applied in practical exercises. Starting with brief, impromptu presentations, participants learn how to structure and deliver information for more formal, complex purposes. The use of audio-visuals are included. Participants refine their skills through facilitator feedback, peer and self-evaluations, and observation of other presentations.
This course was revised and updated for 2015 and is a general workshop for anyone requiring certification in adult education.
During Covid-19 restrictions we are operating at 50% capacity.
We are fully booked for remainder of 2020 courses.
Registration is OPEN for 2021 courses.
Under Covid-19 rules we must restrict the class size to 8-10 students.
Registration acceptance will be on a first come basis and full payment.
Upon successful completion, participants will be able to;
- define personal and professional goals for communication;
- identify instructor roles and skills and place them within a developmental continuum
- apply basic principles of effective instruction in various presentation formats;
- illustrate how these principles operate through practical application;
- perform applied communications and instructional techniques with confidence in a classroom setting;
- use audio-visual materials to maximize a presentation’s impact;
- improve their instructing and presenting skills through formal and informal peer and facilitator feedback
Classroom: interactive workshop with formal and informal instruction, discussion and practical exercises and home preparation each evening.
Certificate of Completion
- None for this course.
- However, this course is a Pre-requisite for the Air Brake Instructor course and FDT program
5 days: Classroom 8.45am to 4pm daily home preparation will be assigned.
2021: Jan 11-15, Mar 8-12, May 10-14, July 12-16, Sep 13-17, Nov 15-19
ALL COURSES FOR 2020 are Fully booked.
We are taking bookings for 2021. You are not guaranteed a seat until you are fully paid.