This In-Class course is based on the role of driver attitude in determining and affecting driving behavior. The focus of this course is to allow the participants to discover their driving attitude and the effect it has on the way they handle themselves while driving, thereby, allowing them to make the necessary positive changes to their driving habits. The student may also opt for an In-Vehicle Evaluation (extra fee is $110)
Who Should Attend
All driving instructor candidates and any licensed driver interested in improving his/her driving performance.
Upon successful completion, graduates will be able to:
- Understand how your attitude affects your driving;
- Identify and evaluate your current driving patterns and where needed, learn ways to change them;
- Understand Provincial traffic laws, by-laws and local traffic issues and problems;
- Understand the magnitude of traffic collision problems;
- Understand the concept of the preventability of a crash and defensive driving techniques;
- Understand the role alcohol and drugs play in traffic collisions;
- Understand the risks involved in irresponsible driver behavior;
- Understand the importance of the proper use of seatbelts and child restraints;
- Understand the effects of driving when drowsy;
- Understand the personal liability and professional risks associated with driving.
Interactive classroom with formal and informal instruction, discussion and workgroups. (optional In-Vehicle Evaluation: 25mins assessment)
Pro Active Driving/Ontario Safety League laminated wallet card.
Ontario Safety League,
2595 Skymark Ave., Suite 212,
Mississauga, ON, L4W 4L5
check directions on our website; ontariosafetyleague.com
One (1) day; 9:00 am – 3:30 pm
2017: …………. Aug 26, Sep 30, Oct 28, Nov 25, Dec 16 ……..(for your convenience courses on Saturdays)
Fee $175.00 + HST (materials Included)
(Optional In-Vehicle Evaluation is $110)
This course satisfies the OSL’s ProActive Driving workshop requirements for candidates pursuing the Basic Driving Instructors course.